Libya's new Prime Minister-elect, Ali Zeidan [Zidan], has just presented his government line-up to the General National Congress for approval.
In a televised session of congress, Zeidan said he had formed a coalition government which includes representatives of the two major political parties -- the National Forces Alliance and the Muslim Brotherhood's political wing, the Justice and Construction Party -- but added that "no region has been favoured over any other".
According to preliminary reports from Reuters, some of the main portfolios in the proposed new cabinet have been allocated as follows:
- Foreign Minister: Ali Aujali, Libya's current ambassador to the United States;
- Oil Minister: Abdelbari al-Arusi;
- Defence Minister: Mohammed al-Barghathi;
- Interior Minister: Ashur Shuwail;
- Finance Minister: Ali al-Fasi.
We'll bring you news of the rest of the 27-member panel as soon as it becomes available.