A Startup Weekend will be held for the first time in Libya, at the Corinthia hotel in Tripoli from Friday 21st December to Sunday 23rd.
Startup Weekends are weekend-long, hands-on experiences where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical or design backgrounds, the other half have business backgrounds.
Beginning with open mic pitches on Friday, attendees bring their best ideas and inspire others to join their team. Over Saturday and Sunday teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup Methodologies and building a minimal viable product. On Sunday evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Startup Weekend’s mission is:
"To educate and inspire entrepreneurs and give them the motivation and networking they need to take the next step in creating a successful startup company. We are committed to delivering the world’s premier experiential education for entrepreneurs."
The list of speakers at the Tripoli event includes:
- Khalid Elhasumi, General Manager, Microsoft Libya;
- Khaled Koubaa, Policy Manager North Africa at Google;
- Redg Snodgrass, CEO of The Taploid;
- Dr. Jamal Al Saeedi, CEO of Leaders Group;
- Abdelrahman Magdy, Founder & CEO of Egypreneur;
- Nabil Suleiman Abaid, Founder of the Libyan Association of Entrepreneurs (Libyan Entrepreneurs Network LENet);
- John Antonios, Certified Personal Branding Strategist - Coach / Executive Trainer.