Libya will host its second Startup Weekend at the Corinthia hotel in Tripoli from Friday 19th September to Sunday 21st.
Startup Weekends are weekend-long, hands-on experiences where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical or design backgrounds, the other half have business backgrounds.
Beginning with open mic pitches on Friday, attendees bring their best ideas and inspire others to join their team. Over Saturday and Sunday teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup Methodologies and building a minimal viable product. On Sunday evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Startup Weekend’s mission is:
“To educate and inspire entrepreneurs and give them the motivation and networking they need to take the next step in creating a successful startup company. We are committed to delivering the world’s premier experiential education for entrepreneurs.“
The list of speakers at the Tripoli event includes:
- Sheikh Shuvo, Regional Operations Manager, Startup Weekend;
- Dr. Jamal Al Saeedi, CEO of Leaders Group (United Arab Emirates);
- Nabil Suleiman Abaid, CEO, The Libyan Association of Entrepreneurs (LENet);
- Moayed Faza, Creative Architectural Designer;
- John Antonios, Certified Personal Branding Strategist - Coach / Executive Trainer;
- Ivana Tilca, DPE Technical Evangelist, Microsoft;
- Mehdi Mahfoud, Founder and CEO, Tassili Consultancy and Training;
- Rami Al-Karmi, Founder and CEO, Arcoten Holdings Limited;
- Ahmed Adel, Founder and CEO, WEE and ISEMS Conference;
- Asem Haggiagi, INVEST Libya Project Manager, Mercy Corps Libya;
- Isam Elsanuse, Grants Manager, Creative Associate International;
- Haithem Al-Dwebi, Strategic Management Certified Trainer and Consultant;
- Dr. Mohamed Elammari, Associate Professor at University of Benghazi;
- Ismail Habib, Global Technical Support Engineer, Microsoft;
- Salah Sharef, Founder of OpenSooq.Com;
- Osama Benkhaial, VAS “Value Added Services” Project Manager, Almadar Aljadid;
- Taimur Aziz, Sr. Web/Software Developer;
- Abdul Razeq Al-Tekar, SME Projects Review Consultant;
- Abdulmottaleb Elabour, CEO of El-Abour Soft, Microsoft .NET Developer and Trainer;
- Malak Bouod, President of the Libyan Debate Club;
- Faiyz Siala, Professional IT Support and Banker;
- Mohamed Atef Alosta, IT Technical Support at Libyana;
- Juma'a Mohamed Salama, OSH Engineer and Certified Trainer;
- Eman Ramadan Abdelbari, Founder of Albelsan Center for Natural Therapy.