Under the patronage of the Minister of Justice, and in cooperation with the Judicial Police Department, United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) is organizing a roundtable for the Directors of the Correction and Rehabilitation institutions in Libya under the title “Strong Leaders Make Strong Institutions” on Saturday and Sunday 14-15 December 2013.
The roundtable aims to:
- Inform the Directors about the objectives of UNSMIL’s mandate in relation to correction institutions and human rights;
- Hold discussions among Directors about the problems and challenges they are facing in terms of work relations and the management of inmates as well as developing concepts to solve these problems;
- Introduce Directors of Institutions to each other and establish a network among them for consultation and exchange of experiences and information as well as creating a joint working group;
- Discuss the relationship among Directors, the Department of Judicial Police, the Judiciary and Public Attorneys;
- Discuss the common general problems shared by most public institutions and agree on scenarios to solve them in conjunction with the Department of Judicial Police, and develop recommendations to resolve general problems and refer them to the decision-makers.