A Tunisian blew himself up with a grenade following a police chase in Tripoli's Tajoura district on Sunday. Security sources said the Special Deterrent Force chased three Tunisian terrorists affiliated with IS following intelligence reports of their entry into Libya. One terrorist was captured, the second is still at large and the third exploded himself when the SDF surrounded him near Najma factory to the west of Tajoura.
Misrata’s Zawiat Al-Mahjoub brigade and fighters from Harawa are reported to have launched an operation against Nufaliya, 127 kilometres east of Sirte, currently held by Islamic State (IS) supporters to take back towns and ground that IS took last week.
The House of Representatives (HoR) announced that it had received the 2015 budget proposal from Abdullah Thinni’s government estimated at LD 44 bn (US$ 32 bn). The revelation was made by Representative Omar Tantoush head of the HoR Finance Committee who said that his committee was reviewing the budget proposal and making some amendments prior to presenting it to the House for a vote this week. Tantoush also revealed that his committee had called in the Finance Minister, the CBL Governor, the head of the Audit Bureau as well as the head of the Administrative Control Authority the previous week in order to review the budget proposal.
Libyan state oil company AGOCO, which is active in the east of the OPEC member country, is producing about 270,000 barrels a day of crude, unchanged from a week ago, a company spokesman said on Sunday. The company's Hariga export port and connected Sarir and Messla oilfields are working normally, he said, adding: "We are facing no problems at all." The port located in the eastern city of Tobruk has had to close several times this year because of protests and a pipeline blast. The Arabian Gulf Oil Co (AGOCO) is part of the NOC state oil company controlling the country's oil and gas sector.
We are advising No movement to the western area of Libya in and around Kikla and Rujban and other surrounding areas where fighting is still ongoing between the Zintan and Libya Dawn militia groups. Sporadic fighting between rival tribal factions is also currently ongoing in the areas of Ubari, Sabha & Murzuq and we are advising our clients Not to travel to these southern areas at present.
We are still presently advising NO travel should be made to Benghazi until the current situation shows signs of stability and Operation Dignity forces have full control of the city and transportation methods of entering and leaving Benghazi are open again.
The British FCO and US State Department are still advising against travel to Libya and are monitoring the security and political situation before considering remobilisation plans back into Libya at some point in the future.
Before considering travel to Libya, an itinerary specific pre-travel risk assessment including mitigation measures are recommended. In-country personnel should be confident in their evacuation procedures and crisis management plans and in light of the current situation these should be checked and updated where necessary with the appropriate level of support in country to activate the plans when required.
To discuss further how SNE can support your projects in Libya or Egypt please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Dubai office on +971 44561542 / +971 503786803 or visit our website www.snespecialprojects.co.uk