The Main Tenders Committee of Azzawiya Oil Refining Company Inc. (ARC), a subsidiary of National Oil Corporation (NOC) of Libya, invites reputed and specialized international contractors to participate in the tender for the following project for prequalification purposes:
Name of the Project: Revamp of Lube Oil Blending Plant
ARC intends to develop and upgrade Lube Oil Blending Plant (LOBP). This shall include, but not limited to, upgrading of lube oil blending and filling facilities from existing 40,000 to required 100,000 Metric Tons per year capacity, replace existing metal cans filling lines of 1 & 4 litres to new plastic cans filling lines of 1, 3 & 4 litres as well as upgrade existing 200 litre drums filling line to produce 20 litre plastic cans in addition to 200 litre metal drums.
Brief Scope of Works
The main items of the Scope of Works for the Revamp of LOBP shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of a complete engineering design including detailed engineering works of all disciplines together with piping, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation works with all associated works required to upgrade lube oil blending and filling facilities production from existing 40,000 to the required 100,000 Metric Tons per year. The development and upgrading of LOBP shall include replacement of existing metal cans filling lines of 1 & 4 litres) to new plastic cans filling lines of 1, 3 & 4 litres as well as upgrading of existing 200 litre drums filling line to fill 20 litre plastic cans in addition to fill 200 litre metal drums.
- Supply and install all the required materials and equipment such as Simultaneous Metering System (SMS), Automatic Batch Blending (ABB), supply lines, tanks etc. required for the LOBP with associated works all in accordance with international standard.
- Modify the existing LOBP buildings to accommodate and cope with the upgraded equipment as per the approved design and technical specifications.
- Carry out all civil works such as construction of foundations, drainage/sewerage system, pits, pavement, road crossings etc. by following ARC and international standards and specifications.
- Upgrade all systems such as blending systems, Control System for heating system inside the tanks and pipelines, filling drum line ( 200 litres drum) to accommodate and cope with the upgradation.
- Commissioning, start-up and test run of LOBP shall be carried out in the presence of ARC engineers. The item also includes supply of commissioning spare parts and spare parts for 2 (two) years’ operation and maintenance after final engineering.
List of documents required to be Submitted for the prequalification:
A complete profile for the company/contactor including all information such as the following:
- Introduction of the company/contractor highlighting the specialized field of activities.
- Valid licenses for carrying out company activities in Libya.
- Valid Local Tax Payment Certificate in Libya.
- Statement of approved company’s financial status for the last three years (including annual budget).
- Company’s technical staff organization chart and equipment list, including list of proposed personnel assigned for this project with brief CVs.
- Contact details i.e. address of the company’s head-office and branches in Libya, telephone/telefax numbers, email identities, official website etc.
- Detailed list of past and current projects (especially similar projects) executed by the company with owners, locations, contract prices etc.
- Certificates of Completion for similar projects in the past.
- Full information about joint venture/subcontractors, if any, with their experience in similar projects (complete profiles).
- Authority letter from the parent company in the event of prequalification of a branch or partner company.
The companies/contractors willing to take part in the prequalification process are required to submit their documents (with a copy of this advertisement stamped by the company/contractor by 30 June 2015 to the following :
The Chairman, Main Tenders Committee,
Office No. 15, Main Administration Building,
Azzawiya Oil Refining Company Inc.
For any inquiries, please contact the Main Tenders Committee at :
Tel:+218-21-3610539-42 Ext.5510 and 5331.
Fax:+218 (0)23 7643411 and +218 (0)23 7643517
NB:Only the successfully prequalified companies shall be invited later to receive the tender documents for the project.